Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bulb setting at night


DSC_5322
Originally uploaded by Brian Kuhl

I’m still experimenting with the bulb setting, but this time, I’ve gone outside. (I’ve been in the back yard, mostly for security reasons.) I’ve noticed that a lot of the pictures in the back yard on bulb come out yellow, but that has to do with the lighting from what I understand. I don’t want to use the flash, mostly because you can get better results at night with bulb.

I do have an 80B filter, which removes yellow, but it doesn’t fit the 50mm f/1.4 lens I’ve been using and that’s the one I’ve been getting the best results with. (I know I can fix it in Photoshop.) I may try using other lenses just because the 50mm has such a limited range of view. The Sigma 28-90 I have may work. I think it even takes a 55mm filter.

As for the ones that I’ve taken, I have been playing around with them in Photoshop. I even posted one with a diffuse glow, which I think came out pretty well. I think with the bulb setting, it will take a lot of practice to get it down. I’ll probably post some other attempts latter this week.

No comments: