Thursday, September 4, 2008

DSC_5570.JPG


DSC_5570.JPG
Originally uploaded by Brian Kuhl
I’ve always wanted to take a picture off of a bridge. I finally got my chance the other day. I had been taking pictures off of a rooftop earlier in the day and had my camera with me during work. After work, I went to the other side of the parking lot, where I wouldn’t be too far from a bridge. I think of all the ones I took, this one came out the best.

Yes, it was late in the day. No, I didn’t use a flash. I didn’t want to because those are places of residence in the picture. I didn’t want anyone looking out their window wondering what was going on. It also creates a nice effect and I’m not sure I would have been able to illuminate everything anyway. It’s not the best area and I didn’t want to stick around too long with a lot of equipment, especially if I was drawing attention to myself.

I’ve seen people take some really amazing skies. I have to figure out exactly when sunset is one day so I can attempt that. This one came out ok, especially considering it was at 10mm, but I think I could have done better with it.

No comments: