Friday, January 4, 2008

flowers from table 1635


flowers from table 1635
Originally uploaded by Brian Kuhl
My mother loves to get flowers. I felt that I should get a picture of them at least once. I think these were used for Christmas, but I’m not sure. I really just wanted to see what I could do with my lens. Flowers are kind of easy to photograph because so many people like them and they sit relatively still for long periods of time.

What makes for a good subject? I mean, the same could be said of naked women. Many people (mostly men) like them. On occasion, they’ll sit still long enough for you to photograph them. As much as I’d like to photograph them, though, I’d like to refrain from posting any adult-oriented photos here. I’m hoping to keep as much of a family-friendly look to the pictures.

Right now, I’m just photographing what’s convenient. That means taking the camera out when I can so I can get stuff that’s not normally convenient, hence yesterday’s photo. I’m going to upload some more so that I can get some different pictures on here. (I can promise all those parents out there that there are no naked ladies in the pictures.)

No comments: