Sunday, November 18, 2007

CSX building northbound 0466

Sometimes, you get a good shot of something while trying to take a shot of something else. I was trying to get a shot of the CSX building on a recent trip. It wasn’t until I got home that I realized that I had a good shot of the railroad bridge. I know it’s not a great shot, but it’s a pretty decent shot and I still got a good shot of the building.

I did get some better shots of the building, in case you’re wondering. Part of the problem is that I was using a wide-angle lens when I should have been using a telephoto. I was expecting to be on a different road that would have put me much closer to the building. Instead, we took I-95 and I ended up way too far away to get a close shot of it. By the time I got the telephoto lens on, it was too late. The best I could do was a similar shot of the other side of the building.

I did get another chance on the way back, but my pictures weren’t much better. I’m hoping that the next time I’m going through Jacksonville, I’ll have another chance.

No comments: