Tuesday, November 20, 2007

First invite


Reynolda 0908
Originally uploaded by Brian Kuhl
I actually had someone invite me to post this photo to a group in Flickr. I don’t know if this is something that happens a lot, but it’s a big deal to me. The picture was taken around the R. J. Reynolds estate in North Carolina on a trip up there. I was taking pictures of the flowers and decided to try taking macro shots. This particular one was taken with a Sigma 28-90 lens that has a macro setting.

I’ve been trying it both with and without the macro setting and I don’t really notice much of a difference. When I had taken this photo, I hadn’t really thought to leave the macro off, so everything that I’ve taken around this time period was with the macro. I have to really try and see if I can find a situation where it makes a big difference.

It seems to have worked here.

No comments: