Tuesday, November 27, 2007

outside at night with new lens 0321

I took this picture with the Nikon D50 a few days before I left for North Carolina. I had wanted to see if I could take pictures when it was getting dark. It was a little hard, since the darker it gets, the longer of an exposure you need. Since there was a little light, the exposure was relatively short.

It was long enough that I got some blur. I made many attempts at this photo, many of which didn’t work. I even took a few facing another direction, none of which are really worth mentioning. It’s hard to do nighttime photography without a flash. I’d imagine it’s not easy with a flash, as it’s usually not a good idea to draw attention to yourself when you’re carrying expensive photo equipment.

There are a lot of good opportunities to take photos in Downtown Miami, but I’m not yet crazy enough to go downtown with a camera and lenses that I spent hard-earned money on. It’s not worth risking life and/or property on a few shots. If I can get a few people together, maybe. I’m not going downtown alone.

I’d definitely like to take more nighttime photos, though.

No comments: